Welcome to Week 6 of the 2014 Lenten Meal Plan Link-Up!! Make sure to visit my co-hosts Sarah O. from TwoOsPlus More and Abbey from Surviving Our Blessings for more Lent Recipes and be sure to check out all the recipes that have been linked below! I want to thank them for keeping the link-up a float last week while I was recuperating from my sisters wedding.
Make sure to grab our button if you are joining us!
Welcome to the sixth week of the Lenten Meal Plan Link-Up!! Each week I will be sharing some recipes that I have received from other bloggers to share along with some recipes that I have tried and eaten throughout the week.
If this is your first time joining this link-up here are some guidelines:
- Feel free to Link-Up any OLD or NEW meatless meals you have posted about.
- The hosts have the right to delete any links that are not appropriate for the link-up.
- Feel free to embed Pinterest Recipes or link to recipes you have found online.
- Feel free to just blog about what you ate or what you are planning on eating.
- Have fun and have a BLESSED LENT!
If you have any questions feels free to email me at bethannesbest at gmail dot com or leave a comment!
Here are the links to this weeks recipes:
1. Buca Bulletin Advertisement – This Italian Restaurant had a really nice advertisement of their meatless menu for Friday’s during Lent in the church bulletin. I had some errands to run on Sunday so I went to mass at a different church (I think I have gone to mass at a different parish just about every week of Lent) and saw this in the bulletin. I thought it was a nice touch!
2. Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Recipe from Ann’s Entitled Life– This looks like it is similar to a quiche without the crust (maybe that is what ‘frittata’ means?). Which is right up my alley because I’m not a big fan of the crust sometimes. This is also a good way to cook some leftovers (as long as they are meatless or it’s not Friday) and vegetables that are at risk of going bad. I actually made something similar to this last year during Lent. In my version you used a muffin tin to make individual portions instead of one big pot…either one would work depending on how many people will be eating.
5. Black Bean Tostadas with Cilantro Sour Cream Sauce Recipe – I LOVE Tostadas! I never knew what one was until I accidentally ordered one at a Mexican restaurant a few years ago. My favorite Tostada is one with guacamole smothered all over it! If you are a fan of black beans this recipe will be right up your alley! Enjoy!
6. Vegetarian Sausage Gravy and Biscuits – Sausage is one of my favorite breakfast dishes (along with bacon). Of course every Friday during Lent we have gotten free breakfast at work and I always had to offer it up and pass over the sausage and bacon. But then I found this awesome recipe with vegetarian sausage! This looks like a great alternative for Fridays. I forget about the Morningstar Sausage Patties they are actually really delicious!
Also we have created a collaborative Pinterest Board for the link-up. If you would like to be added to the link-up be sure to added as a collaborator make sure you are following me on Pinterest and email me or leave a comment with your Pinterest name and I’ll add you. The more recipes we can get the better the board will be! Pinterest Blog Tip: Collaborative boards are a great way to get a lot of repins and exposure on Pinterest.
I can’t believe next week is Holy Week and our LAST week of the Link-Up! I have enjoyed reading everyones posts this Lent and will be doing a Top Links post next week!