Welcome back to another installment of Answer Me This!
1. How did you get your name? My name story is AWESOME. My parents argued for months about what to name me (before I was born). My dad was adamant that we were named after saints. My mom liked the name Beth Anne but alas there is no St. Beth or St. Beth Anne (maybe I’ll be the first one). Beth Anne being a part of Elizabeth wasn’t good enough for my dad. So they decided to name me Elizabeth Anne and then call me Beth Anne. Part of this was that my dad HATED the nickname Lizzie for Elizabeth so they gave me a nickname before anyone else did.
I’m named after St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Anne (and forever began my life where everyone spelled Anne wrong). My mom had trouble getting pregnant with me and had a few miscarriages before I was born. There was a church near her work named St. Elizabeth Ann Seton that she would go into and pray often for a child often. So they decided to name me after her and that church.
I wrote more about how my sister and I received our names here.
2. Do you have a set time for prayer in your day? Not really. I’ll pray at random times during the car like in the car or when I see a prayer request on facebook or twitter. I try to pray before I go to sleep but it doesn’t always happen.
3. Did your mom work or stay home (or both)? My mom stayed at home with us until I was in high school. From about middle school till high school my mom was in school and she finished when I first started high school and then got a teaching job.
4. Do you vote? Yes. I try to vote early to make sure that I get it done but it doesn’t always work out.
5. What’s your favorite drink? Chocolate Shakes. HA. I like a lot of different drinks just depends on my mood. I really enjoy shakes. If I don’t want a shake I like Root Beer 🙂
6. How are your photography skills? I think they are pretty good. I have taken some really nice photos with my iPhone. Or at least I think they are pretty nice. HA. I’m not professional photographer but I have been able to capture memories. This year I have been doing a Photo365 project where I take a photograph of something everyday whether it be of food, animals, or other obscure things. It’s really made me think about what I do everyday and the photos I take.
Now go over the Kendra’s to see her answers and everyone else’s answers!