This is Part 2 in a series of blog posts I am writing these posts so that in 2, 5, or 10 years down the line I can come back to this blog and read about the craziness that was the Corona Virus that hit the world in the Winter and Spring of 2019-2020.
I still feel like I am living in some kind of end of the world movie.
So another week has gone by. So time for more updates! Here is what has happened since the last post:
- All Masses have been cancelled INDEFINITELY
- This means there will be no Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, or Easter Sunday Masses. 🙁
- I cannot find any lysol cleaner or wipes in the store
- Still no toilet paper, paper towels, or Kleenex (I was able to find fancy napkins)
- Some schools are closed for the rest of the year others say May 1 but I wold be shocked if any school started back up before August.
- My husbands March Endoscopy and Dentist appointments were cancelled until June.
- My husbands wrestling shows are being filed with no audience and he says they are so boring to watch.
- Last week I reported that dairy items were hard to find in stores….that seems to be better this week but now stores seem to be low on other things.
- For example I went to the store looking for RAMEN and a FRESH EGGPLANT and could not find either in the store. #LAME
- I am still working from home but my hours are basically cut in half.
- DISNEY WORLD is now closed INDEFINITELY but have announced they will pay heir employees until April 18th. I’m guessing by April 18th maybe we will know more of when they will reopen. The plus of them being closed this long is my Annual Pass expires in October and so I will get a lot of free days in the fall.
Since my last post all restaurants and bars in my state have shut down to be carryout only. The restaurant I work at has closed altogether and decided to do some yearly cleaning, renovations, and repairs they have been wanting to get done. Which I think is great they are needed but sucks at the same time because a lot of people are out of work.
We have not received any “Stay At Home” orders but I’m sure it’s coming. My county doesn’t have many reported cases. We are at 70. The county north of us where my sister lives has 150 cases. But there are so many people they refuse to tests so I’m sure there are many more out there.
Recently they had cops patrolling the Florida borders at I-95 and I-10 as there are a lot of people fleeing NY/NJ/LA that are big hot spots right now.
But I think all they are doing is telling people to quarantine themselves when they get to their final destination….which you can’t really enforce that very much.
I have relatives that live in the NY/NJ area and they update me with numbers and information every day. It’s really bad where they live. There are 1000 new cases and 50 new deaths every day give or take. So sad.
Yet there are people in their area trying to have weddings anyway and they get shut down and fined $1000 by the cops. Not smart.
Many priests have said they are bored. Makes sense though this is usually the busiest time of the year at parishes. Also priests have a calling to help his people and the world is telling them to stay away from people. It’s gotta be a hard place to be.
Heck I think it’s hard for most people and for a lot of people that are used to working with people. As much as people say they don’t need people and don’t want friends/relationships I think people are finding they crave it.
I joined the Quarantine Bread Baking Club last week and I made homemade bread. I forgot to let it rise the 2nd time but it came out pretty good. I might try it again another time soon.
I now am keeping track in my Bullet Journal of #COVID19 STATS that I hear online, on the news, and on podcasts. I think it’s pretty interesting to keep up with. I’ll update these posts with them as I add more to my spread.
For now I’m still working super part-time and using my extra free time in the evenings to get caught up on things at home, TV, blog more, play Animal Crossings and work on my freelance business. Since COVID19 has cancelled all my meetings.
I just hope this all ends soon. I just don’t like staying home so much. I hate not being able to go out to eat or on Date Nights with my husband. Our wedding anniversary is next month and we probably wont even be able to go out for it. And I really hate that I can’t travel to visit friends and family.