Our local Young Catholic Professionals Group has a monthly Speaker Series. It’s always a Catholic professional in different fields and how their faith has challenged them in their work. They have had some really good ones.
Back in September, they had someone that is working with college kids in transition from college to the workplace and he spoke about Millenials in the Workplace. He did a really good job addressing a lot of good issues. The best were the photos and gifts in his presentation. I made a little slideshow of it below. The quality is not that good but you can get the idea.
RELATED but mostly off-topic **The best part was he talked about how he bought an engagement ring to go and propose to his girlfriend in Rome. As she was over there studying abroad. And the whole time I thought man I hope no one here knows her and spills the beans to her!**
Here are the keynotes that I wrote down in my bullet journal.
- We’re hungry for religious related things; Even though so many of us aren’t practicing.
- Millenials are known for their loyalty to people.
- Most are interested in marriage, relationships, helping people and being good parents. (this came from a survey he talked about)
- We have strong traits that can help us.
- How much do we love??
- The church today is getting old and we need to help keep it running.
- What is God asking you to do to take care of your mother/the church?
- God is asking you to set up!!
- Be authentic with your faith. Even if it means going out of your comfort zone in the workplace.
I know there are a lot of negative things about Millenials in the workplace but I enjoyed hearing some of the positives. I totally agreed with what he was saying and hope that we will improve the workplace in the next few years.