Hello, Everyone! I’m so excited that Rachel and Lindsay have asked me to host this week’s Not Alone Series Topic! I’ve been participating in this link-up for awhile now and way back in the beginning we did an SIcebreaker Week to help us all get to know each other. Since we’ve had a lot of new people and it’s been awhile I thought it would be good to do it again.
- Where are you from?
- Where are you living? (If different from where you are from)
- Are you in school or working? What kind of work do you?
- If you are Catholic who is your Confirmation Saint? If you aren’t catholic who is your favorite saint or biblical figure.
- What is your favorite book, movie, or television show?
- What is your favorite piece of year round clothing?
- What are you reading right now?
- What is your favorite Bible Verse?
- If you’ve done online dating, do you have any advice or experiences to share?
- What is your favorite thing to blog about?
- What is your favorite or most popular blog post?
- In 140 characters or less share your best single-lady advice. (And if you want share it on twitter using the hashtag #Adviceforsingleladies.)
Copy and Paste the above questions to your blog and have some fun with your answers!
- Where are you from? I was born in NYC and lived there until I was 12 then we moved to Dallas, TX.
- Where are you living? About 5 years ago we moved to St. Augustine, FL and have been living here since. I really like this little tourist town.
- Are you in school or working? What kind of work do you? I am working as a bookkeeper for a local restaurant. It’s really a fascinating job to see all the ins and outs of what helps a restaurant run. I love working with numbers and it’s amazing how much better your work-life is when you enjoy what you do at work every day.
- If you are Catholic who is your Confirmation Saint? If you aren’t catholic who is your favorite saint or biblical figure. St. Therese of Lisieux. Honestly. when I picked her I didn’t know how awesome she was. I picked her because I liked the name..I always wanted my name to be Teresa and my mom told me that my Dad used to pray to her all the time so I thought it was a cool way to honor my dad. I got to visit her hometown of Lisieux, France 2 years ago and it was an amazing experience!
- What is your favorite book, movie, or television show? I LOVE the TV Show The Office. I’ve watched the entire series a million times but parts of it is so true to the actual workplace it makes me feel better about the craziness I have to deal with at work.
- What is your favorite piece of year round clothing? I really love Cardigans. They can really dress up a somewhat casual outfit. Even in the summer, they are handy because some places are very cold inside.
- What are you reading right now? Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II’s Love and Responsibility by Edward Sri. So far this book is really good and I’m enjoying it and connecting with so much.
- What is your favorite Bible Verse? “Do Whatever He Tells You.” JOHN 2:5
- If you’ve done online dating, do you have any advice or experiences to share? Be open to talking to anyone. You never know what kind of connection will spark. Fill out your profile as much as possible. Answer as many questions as possible (if that is an option on that site). And send messages and respond to messages.
- What is your favorite thing to blog about? Right now I LOVE doing writing prompts and link-ups. As that is 90% of what I have blogged about in the last year. I have a heard time coming up with topics sometimes so it’s helpful to have topics to blog about given to me. I also love doing series. Like my 31 Days of Blogging Series.
- What is your favorite or most popular blog post? I took a finance class in school about 2 years ago and we had to write a report at the end of it. As part of the report I wrote this blog post on Organizing your Bills and Mail. Well it went viral on pinterest and I still get 4,000 views a month from it! So Crazy!
- In 140 characters or less share your best single-lady advice. (Share it on twitter using the hashtag #Adviceforsingleladies.)
“God has a plan for you. You may not know what it is just now but he knows your future. And enjoy this season of life!” #Adviceforsingleladies
Join us next week as Angie will be hosting on the following topic:
Our brothers and sisters the saints: While I am sure we all have earthly role models, who are your heavenly sources of inspiration and why? How did you hear about this/these saint(s)?”
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers!