Welcome to my Saturday Top 10 Lists! Every Saturday I am going to write a Top 10 list about something Catholic, Couponing, or Life Related.
It has been about 3 months since we moved to Florida and 2 months since I started blogging/couponing. During this period of time I have also been unemployed/job hunting. Many resources have told me you should do this or that to stay busy while being unemployed but here are the top ten reasons why blogging and couponing has been a good outlet for me:
- KEEPS MY COMPUTER SKILLS UP TO DATE – Not that this is an issue but it’s important in this day and age to remember how to use MS Office, the internet, and of course the blogging software.
- KEEPS YOUR MIND FROM BECOMING MUSH – By blogging and couponing I am constantly reading other blogs, researching blog topics, and learning/networking with other bloggers.
- HAS ME ON A SCHEDULE – anyone that knows me well knows that I am a very STRUCTURED person. I like to have everything planned out. This is very hard when you’re unemployed because you really don’t have much to do. In blogging I have created a “Blog Schedule” and know everything I need to do to accomplish my blog schedule and help me feel that I have accomplished something for the week.
- KEEPS ME BUSY – This goes with number 8 but it’s a little different. It gives me something to do with all this FREE TIME I currently have. Blogging and couponing can be very time consuming when you start doing your research. Just the other night I participated in a #blogchat twitterchat and it can be very overwhelming when you have 400+ people trying to talk all at once. So this is good for me because it feels like I am connecting with other people.
- KEEPS ME ORGANIZED – The reason why I failed at couponing the first time was I had no sort of organization system. This time I learned how to organize my coupons and know where everything is. This helps me keep all my ducks in a row so when the new sale ads come out I can be ready to go easily.
- LET’S ME BE CREATIVE – Blogging is a creative outlet for me. It lets me go out of my comfort zone and blog about different things. Yes most of my blogging “niche” is couponing and my faith but every now and then I update my readers on different recipes I have tried or different projects we have worked on or different trips we’ve gone on.
- It’s FUN – I’ve been having a lot of fun blogging and couponing. It’s a rush to save so much money. I’ve blogged before but I never had a purpose. But now I have a direction for blogging.
- I’M HELPING OTHERS – My blog has brought attention to my readers that yes it really is possible to save a ton of money couponing. It makes me feel useful at a hard time in my life.
- IT’S FREE!! – I don’t have to go anywhere. I can’t afford the gas to go many places and I can blog, network with other bloggers, and coupon from the comfort of home.
- NEW PASSION – Blogging and Couponing have become my new passion. I wish I didn’t have to go looking for a “real job” and could just get paid a real income from my blogging and couponing abilities. I know it can be done but it takes many many years before it can be done.