Welcome SUYL: SINGLES readers! I decided for this link-up to write a post about 75 facts about me. Anyone that can make it to the bottom of this post and not freak out too much will be able to handle me on a date. 😉 In the end this was really fun to write. In my short 26 years of life I have accomplished a lot of things and I think I have some interesting quirks 🙂
- I was born in NYC at a hopsital a lot of celebrities go to.
- My mom had 2 misscarriages before me which is why I was born in a fancy hospital in the city.
- When I was 12 we moved to Dallas, TX
- in 2011 we moved to St. Augustine, FL
- I wish I could live somewhere that was a combination of NYC, Dallas, and Florida.
- I went to Public School K – College (minus 1.5 years of catholic college)
- I graduated with my Bachelors Degree in Business from Texas Tech University #WreckEm’
- In the spring I will start a program to get my Associates in Accounting to become a Bookkeeper or Accounting Clerk.
- I was a tom-boy growing up and to this day still HATE make-up and getting dressed up
- I LOVE Christmas and Christmas Movies. I spend 90% of November and December watching them on the Hallmark Channel.
- I’m VERY independent and HATE asking others for help.
- I’m an Introvert and HATE having to be and live in an Extrovert world. I’m getting better but it’s still really hard for me to come out of my shell and talk to complete strangers.
- I’m a nightowl and HATE getting up early and going to bed early.
- I LOVE cooking and trying new recipes I find on blogs, pinterest, and magazines
- I HATE the cleaning aspect of cooking
- My favorite kind of food is Chinese
- My favorite kind of chinese food is Dim Sum and it’s hard to find 🙁
- After Chinese my favorite food is SOUP. I eat it almost everyday. And yes I still eat Ramen after college.
- Even though I’m 3/4 Italian I’m not that crazy about Italian Food
- My Grandpa was English and I think I got most of his recessive genes
- Every Christmas we make homemade Raviolis, Italian Cookies, and Butter Cookies like my great grandma did when my mom was little.
- I LOVE junk food – cookies, chips, dip, ice cream, shakes, cakes (yes I have a problem).
- One day I want to make homemade mozzarella cheese. I saw it on cake boss once and now I want to try it but haven’t figured it out yet.
On Family, Friends & Relationships
- I love my family.
- My mom, my sister, and I have always done tons of things together.
- When I was 8 years old my Father passed away from a Brain Aneurysm and I am working on making a memorial site in his honor but it is a SLOW SLOW process.
- When I was younger my grandma owned a timeshare in the Poconos and all my cousins would go up for the 4th of July. There was probably anywhere from 10-20 people. It always was a ton of fun and we all still talk about it 20+ years later.
- My grandma was one of the best people to travel with. She was so smart and could make up great stories (like one about a lady that had 100 children (50 boys and 50 girls) and they all lived on a mountain.
- I’ve never had a boyfriend but have dated a few men. Some find this strange but I don’t want to waste time with someone that won’t treat me right for the sake of “having a boyfriend.”
- My mom is the best mom ever! She went back to school [twice] while raising us all by herself. I hope to be as good of a Mom as her someday.
On Work & School
- I have been tutoring online since 2005. I have loved every moment of it!
- I am def. not a work-a-holic. After working too long my brain just turns off and I need to move on to a different activity.
- I have a Bachelors degree from Texas Tech University in General Business and am very proud of my accomplishments.
- I’m currently going back to school to get an Associates Degree in Accounting to become a bookkeeper or an accounting clerk
- I LOVE learning and am always trying to learn something new by taking classes or teaching myself to do stuff I find online.
- I’ve always been frugal and a saver even as a child.
- In the perfect world I wouldn’t need money to survive and wouldn’t have to work.
- I LOVE Couponing! It’s a thrill to get all the coupons in the newspaper, organize them, print a shopping list, clip the coupons, and then go to the store and save money. (yes I have issues)
- To read more about my couponing adventures go to my coupon blog.
- Even though I am really frugal in what I spend I SUCK at the whole making a Budget thing.
- I have used about 100 different spreadsheets and budgeting tools (mint.com) to try and budget and have yet to find one I stick with.
- I have a TON of debt and have no idea when I’ll get out of debt
- My dream is to be able to live life comfortably and not live paycheck-to-paycheck.
- I LOVE electronics.
- In 2011 I got my first Mac and can’t believe I waited so long to get one.
- I’m now addicted to Apple products and am always trying to figure out a way to get another one.
- I LOVE excel. I often use excel spreadsheets to track mundane things like activities on a vacation.
- I LOVE apps. I have over 100 apps on my iPhone.
- I try to use Technology for the common good and in unordinary ways (especially at church).
- Last year I went to a conference about using Technology in Catechesis and learned some awesome ways people are using technology at church. I even wrote about it here.
- I love blogging. Blogging has brought me to know so many people through the internet that I would never have “met.”
- I HATE talking on the phone I’d much prefer you text or tweet me.
- I’m a Social Media Addict! I think this goes with my introvertedness (internet = non-threatening)
- When I was in high school I took web-mastering classes and created 2 full websites with straight HTML.
- Once a month I attend a Mac Users Group and I’m the youngest one in the group. The next oldest person is maybe 55 probably 60s.
- I have experimented in online dating and haven’t gotten very far but
- I’m a Cradle Catholic and love learning new things about the church everyday.
- We go to mass at the Cathedral and it’s really interesting to go to mass with mostly tourists.
- Until we joined the Cathedral I had never belonged to a church that also had a Catholic School associated with it.
- When I was in college I was very involved in Campus Ministry and it really changed the way I viewed and practiced my Faith.
- I LOVE retreats. While in college I attended and staffed Awakening retreats. It was the best retreat program I have ever participated in. I learned something new every semester and met so many wonderful friends.
- I love participating in Praise and Worship events.
- I love Christian Music. Matt Maher is my favorite.
- I really want to do the Bible Timeline Bible Study and one day hopefully will find a group to join that does it.
Activities, Entertainment, & Travel
- I’m addicted to TV. I watch way more TV than I’m willing to admit.
- I LOVE Spotify for listening to music.
- I LOVE going to the movies and watching movies.
- I LOVE Chick Flicks. As a girl and a romantic it comes with my personality.
- I LOVE DISNEY!!
- Since we only live 100 miles from Disney World I got an annual pass last year for Christmas and we go about every 6-8 weeks. I love going it’s a lot of fun and a good way to get away from life.
- I probably could win an award for going to disney without spending a lot of money 🙂
- As a child we used to take a lot of vacations and I always loved it (I’ve been to over 30 states). I try to take at least 1 vacation a year.
- I have a dream to go to Europe one day and visit the Vatican, Italy, and London….when I win the lottery.
I am shocked you made it this far!
- I find it fun and a little scary to reveal all this personal information to all my blog readers.
- Most of the time I think I’m a pretty boring person but after reading this list over I don’t think I’m THAT boring after all.
Technically this is only 73 things about you, since 33 and 34 are the same as 7 and 8! 😛
Hi, Beth Anne. I stumbled across you through a tweet my friend Nikki sent. In my brief time blogging, I’ve only come across a handful of Catholic bloggers, so I was excited to “find” you. I’ve done the Bible Timeline Study and Jeff Cavins’ Matthew study. They are life changing! Can’t recommend enough. Happy blogging!
Jaime Dubey says
WOW is all I have to say!!! You did a wonderful job I would never get to 75 random things about myself seeing I had issues getting to 20! I am just like you I like meeting people on the computer better thank in person, less threat that way!!!!
Ruth Ann says
Sarah, the way I figure it, the Lord sent you to me. This is how it happened. Your blog just showed up in my feed of blogs on my blogger dashboard. I don’t have any idea how it got there. I enjoyed reading this and so I’ve concluded it’s God’s providence that set this up.
Ruth Ann recently posted…Reflections on the Living Bread
Now I want to try to write 75 things about myself… loved this!
Liz recently posted…The Pros
The list I found was actually a 100 things list but I couldn’t think of another 25 things. I should try and see if I can add a few more 🙂
BethAnne recently posted…Miscellaneous Europe Blog Posts