Black Friday and the craziest shopping weekend of the year is upon us (some have already started). As a veteran Black Friday shopper who has done some pretty CRAZY things for a deal I’m here to give you some tips.
I have been Black Friday Shopping for almost 10 years now! Some years are crazier than others. I’ve done just about it all except camp out for 3 days for a laptop or TV. Unlike what you see on TV I have never been injured or seen any mass mobs during my shopping experiences.
Fun Fact: Besides shopping it’s also an awesome day for some expert people watching entertainment.
2. Download all the adscans for the stores you want to shop in. I usually create a folder in Google Drive so I can view them on the go or on my iPad easily. (On Thanksgiving Day you can buy a newspaper but by then you’ll already have memorized all the ads).
3. Buy an awesome Black Friday T-shirt to wear out and about during your shopping adventure!
4. Go to as many stories as you possibly can. I know they say you should only hit a few main stores but if you want to be among the craziest of shoppers you hit at least 5-10 stores!
5. Make your lists and check them twice (yes just like Santa).
6. Your first stop in a store like Walmart is to the camping section to borrow a chair to sit in while you wait in line for that TV sale to start.
7. Pair up with friends and family members to scour the store for items you may be looking for so they can grab them for you. (this is usually my moms job)
8. The Sunday before Black Friday head to CVS for all the free items after Extra Care Bucks
9. Buy all the weird items from the ads that most people aren’t looking for like dishes, towels, yarn, food containers, DVDs, etc. You’d be surprised what you can get in the less than $20 category.
10. Talk to the people around you about your Black Friday plan. People on Black Friday are actually very friendly and willing to share about their experiences and shopping lists. Two years ago we met an older man that had been Black Friday shopping since 1994! He even remembered his first Black Friday shopping was for a $50 VCR!
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! I am very Thankful this Thanksgiving for all of my wonderful blog readers and social media followers! Without you this blog would not exist.
I hope you enjoyed this fun post and tips of ways to become a CRAZY Black Friday shopper like me! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments!
And remember to have fun and not let the riots you see on TV get to you because it’s not like that EVERYWHERE!!