This is Part 3 in a series of blog posts I am writing these posts so that in 2, 5, or 10 years down the line I can come back to this blog and read about the craziness that was the Corona Virus that hit the world in the Winter and Spring of 2019-2020. And let’s face it at the rate we’re going Summer 2020.
I have a new song to represent this weeks post. Social Distancing is all about standing 6 feet apart. So Don’t Stand So Close To Me!!
So another week or two or three have gone by. So time for more updates! Here is what has happened since the last post:
- All Masses are still cancelled…haven’t heard much about when it’ll be safe to have mass again. The church is opened during the day for silent prayer.
- We watched all the Holy Week and Easter Masses online. It was so weird celebrating the church’s most holiest days from home. But it is cool watching mass from different parts of the world.
- So far all the First Communions, Confirmations, and RCIA Sacraments have not been rescheduled yet.
- I still cannot find any lysol cleaner, wipes, or rubbing alcohol in the store.
- I did see Toilet Paper in the grocery store last week.
- Most schools are closed for the rest of the year. Graduations are cancelled.
- My friend heard schools may even be cancelled until January 2021 but that is just a rumor for now.
- The WWE is allowed to film wrestling with no audience because they are deemed “essential” my husband think there was money exchanged to allow this to happen.
- Food items seem to be easier to find. I have found all the items I was looking for since my last post. E.g..: flour, dairy items, ramen, and eggplant.
- I am still working from home but my hours are basically cut in half.
- Going on Day 38 of Disney World being closed.
Update on my place of work being closed.
They are using time to do A TON of Renovations they have been working on since last year. From what I hear the entire place is a big mess and it won’t even be done until June 1 anyway.
The original plan was that we could reopen on May 8th. May 8th is that “magic date” that the CDC created that was the end of “no large groups of 100 or more for 8 weeks”
But since that statement many states have come up with their own “Stay At Home” orders with all sorts of different dates. VA it’s June 10th, WI it’s May 26th. NJ has an 8pm curfew. I have no idea what it is like in other places. I think ours is until April 30th..but that will probably be extended.
I have no idea how many cases we have I think we have around 200. But the entire country is getting about 30,000 new cases a day. My mom said nothing can reopen until you go 14 days of no new cases but man that could be a year.
I had to cancel all my travel for this spring. 🙁 I was supposed to go to NYC for my friends bridal shower this weekend and to visit my mom for Mother’s Day. So far I cancelled everything. The bridal shower was rescheduled for July we’ll see if that actually happens. Hopefully I can go visit my mom later this summer.
Our Anniversary was Wednesday and we got food togo from the restaurant we had our reception at and ate in the backyard.
Not what I wanted but better than nothing.
I picked out these pretty Anniversary Flowers when we were at the store that had our Wedding Flowers and I used a Vase from our Wedding.
That is all that is really going on for now. It’s starting to get kind of boring being at home. I’m keeping myself busy working from home for my job and freelance stuff. I’m not a big organizer/cleaner so I really don’t have the desire to do any “home projects.”
I need to come up with some craft projects to work on this month. I need to create some more stickers for my Etsy Shop. Any stickers you are looking for? Let me know and I’ll create it for you.
How are you doing? Let me know! I’d love to chat! Leave me a comment or a message on any of my social medias I’m always around.