Welcome to the first week of the Lenten Meal Plan Monday Link-Up for Lent 2013. The first week of Lent is always a big week with both Wednesday and Friday being meatless meals. I started this Link-Up last year as a way to share meatless meals with others and to get new ideas. The response was overwhelmingly positive and Tales for Astoria has joined me in co-hosting the event this year. I hope everyone shares their meatless meals as well as learning new meals to eat during Lent. Here are some guidelines:
- Link-Up any old or new meatless meals you have posted about.
- The hosts have the right to delete any links that are not appropriate for the linkup.
- Feel free to embed Pinterest Recipes or Link to Recipes you have found online.
- Feel free to just blog about what you ate or what you are planning on eating.
- Have fun and have a blessed Lent!
We may be eating soup. I love soup. I really have a problem. I love making excuses to make soup. I love grilled cheese and soup during Lent. At my last Parish during Lent we used to have a simple Lent Soup dinner a few times to give the Knights a break from their Fish Fry. I always enjoyed it and it was a lot cheaper than the fish fry (hey I was making minimum wage).
Over Christmas I bought 2 cans of seafood soup at The Christmas Tree Shop (go figure). I will probably be trying them sometime during Lent.
I also bought this Birds Eye Voila! Shrimp Scampi the last time I went grocery shopping. They were BOGO. I may end up trying it this week.
I hope everyone has a good first week of Lent and I can’t wait to see everyone’s recipes and maybe even try some of them this Lent!