I cannot believe how close we are to starting LENT! Whenever Easter is early it throws me and the world off. Hey we just finished putting away the Christmas Decorations..time to take out the Lent “cross.” Last year we created a cross for Easter/Lent out of our Christmas Tree. We forgot to do it this year. I only remembered because I saw the photo come across my timehop recently.
I loved the writing prompts for Advent so much I’ve decided to do it again for Lent! I normally do a Lenten Meal Plan Link-Up but this year I have decided to mix in some Lent and Easter related Writing Prompts as well. ach week one writing prompt will be to share a lenten meal/recipe and the other 6 will be other Lent related topics. Pick as many or few as you’d like. I liked the format I did for Advent where on Monday I posted that weeks writing Prompts and on
Each week one writing prompt will be to share a lenten meal/recipe and the other 6 will be other Lent related topics. Pick as many or few as you’d like. I liked the format I did for Advent where on Monday I posted that weeks writing Prompts and on Thursday I posted the link-up. Since that format worked out so well I am going to use the same format for Lent.
On Monday, February 8th I’ll post the first week of writing prompts. Sometime between now and then I will fill in this post and reschedule and share it with the list of all of the writing prompts.
Writing Prompts For 02.11
1. Ash Wednesday – Share about your Ash Wednesday experience, share your #AshTag
2. Write about what you are doing for Lent. Are you giving anything up or taking anything extra on?
3. Write a letter to yourself from God, answering any questions you may have on your heart.
4. Share this weeks’ Lenten Meals.
Writing Prompts For 02.18
5. Share something meaningful from Sunday’s readings or mass
6. What are you favorite Lent or Easter books?
7. Write about a time that you received a sign from God?
8. Reflect on your favorite Lent or Easter hymn.
9. What almsgivings are you doing this lent?
10. Share this weeks Lenten Meal
Writing Prompts For 02.25
11. How could you incorporate the principles of Lent into your daily life?
12. Write a letter to a friend or family member and mail it to them. (Share the letter or what you thought as you wrote the letter in your blog post).
13. Write a list of 10 (or more) blessings that God has given you this year.
14. Write 12 lines on the word desert.
15. What fasting are you doing this lent?
16. Share this weeks Lenten Meal
Writing Prompts For 03.03
17. Write a blog post in exactly 12 lines.
18. What do you think life as a disciple would have been like?
19. Free Prompt! Write about whatever you want related to Lent.
20. Did you attend Stations of the Cross this lent? Reflect on your experience. (ex. were they spoken or acted out)
21. What prayer are you doing this lent?
22. Find a Lenten recipe on Pinterest and try it out! Was it successful?
Writing Prompts For 03.10
23. How did the first part of Lent go for you?
24. Review a lenten book you read this lent or during another Lent.
25. List of 10 things Lent has taught you over the years.
26. Is your parish doing the RCIA Scrutinies during mass? Share your experiences going through them as an RCIA sponsor or candidate (if possible). Or share an RCIA story.
27. Are there any special events in your parish/diocese that you have participated in this lent?
28. Share this weeks Lenten Meal
Writing Prompts For 03.17
29. Pick something from Meg’s Lent list and do it.
32. How are you celebrating Lent different from Advent?
33. Are you going to dye Easter Eggs this year?
34. Share this weeks Lenten Meal
Writing Prompts For 03.24
35. What is your favorite Easter Memory?
36. Have you ever gotten your feet washed on Holy Thursday? Share your experiences. If you haven’t what do you think it would be like?
37. Refer back to the letter you wrote on Day 3. Did God answer any of your prayers?
38. How are you fasting on Good Friday?
39. What are you planning for Easter Sunday?
40. Feast! How did you do on your Lenten promises?