I leave tonight for Europe…first stop Greece!! So before I leave I decided to tie up some loose ends and answer the questions from two Liebster Awards I received in the past few months.
I first got this award 3 years ago when I started blogging! I laugh that it is STILL making it’s way around the blogosphere. I actually did some research about the origins of this award and found this post and this post. This is a very searched topic as that post has over 100 comments! Interesting stuff. So apparently the ORIGINAL award said you had to choose bloggers with less than 3,000 readers and in recent rules it got changed to 200….and no one knows why….it’s a blogging mystery.
I have gotten tagged for this award several times and I’m always bad at actually responding to the tag. So this is a two for one post as Cat tagged me FOREVER ago…and Abbey tagged me a few weeks ago. So this post is for both awards…here we go!!
So you are supposed to tell 11 random facts about yourself first..yeah I’ve already done that…go here to read 75 FACTS ABOUT ME!
1. Do you shop at Victoria’s Secret? No…I don’t even think I’ve been to one I’m kind of cheap when it comes to buying clothes…I assume they are expensive but I actually have no idea…
2. How long do you leave your Christmas decorations up after Christmas? At least until January 6th or the weekend of the Epiphany. Sometimes it’s longer depending on how crazy life is..
3.What is something that you’re not good at but you would like to be better at? I wish I was more outgoing and was better at communicating with people…I never know what to say to people and am really quiet..more b/c I have NO IDEA what to say to get a conversation going…
4. If you could only eat 3 meals for the rest of your life, but your nutritional needs would exactly met with no issues, what would you eat? I’d eat Chinese food; steak, potatoes, and mac and cheese and cake; and Mexican food.
5. Do you have a favorite charity/non-profit? Operation Christmas Child! I learned about them a few years ago and thought it was the coolest program (plus I love Christmas!) last year they sponsored the Allume conference I attended and I met a young man that received a box as a child! It was really cool to hear his story. I am hoping to be able to volunteer at a distribution center this year and it would be even more cool to go on a mission trip to distribute boxes in the future.
6. What type of music did you listen to in high school? Mostly Boybands: Nysnc, 98 degrees, Backstreet Boys…and pop music…it’s fun to listen to channel 9 and 10 on Sirius/XM Radio because I hear all the music I used to listen to back then.
7. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie? And your favorite carol? This is really hard I LOVE Christmas movies old and new. I watch them from November when Hallmark starts showing them until February when they go off. I really like Holiday in Handcuffs by ABC Family but I’m a HUGE Melissa Joan Hart fan so that answer is a tad biased…Hark the Herald Angels Sing is my favorite song and you can tell I was supposed to answer these questions around Christmas ha!
8. When is your usual bedtime? Do you really want to know? 2am…I’m an insomniac..however my work/life schedule is weird and I sleep until noon most days.
9. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 5ish I know it’s less than 10….
10. What is the “crunchiest” (most earthy/hippy/green) thing you do? I’ll wear clothes especially pants several times before washing them again…I also use a towel for a few showers before I wash it.
11. Do you watch reality TV shows? If so, who is your favorite winner of a reality show? I Like Cake Boss but that isn’t really a “reality show” where there is a winner. In the summer I like to watch Next Food Network Star. I don’t really have a favorite winner of anything I’ve watched because the person I like never wins! I don’t watch the Bachelor but I listen to a podcast about a couple that was on the show (and now married) and it’s fun to listen to what they know about behind the scenes.
1. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten (where, with whom, relevant details…)? Dim Sum in NYC Chinatown with my family.
2. If you could only have 3 books to read/reread for the rest of your life, which 3 would you choose? I never reread books…once is enough…I’m a bad reader….
3. What one habit or trait would you erase from your life? Staying up to late and then regretting it in the morning (see above)
4. What is your favorite day of the week and why? FRIDAY! Because it is usually a slower day at work (sometimes) and I have the weekend to look forward to not having to work. (P.S. someone was asking this question on FB last week for a project and someone responded MONDAY?!!? What? I can’t even comprehend that!!)
Except that one weird person…..
5. What’s your favorite quotation? It changes…here are a few of my current favorites:
6. Do you wear shoes in the house? Sometimes…sometimes I don’t….just depends on my mood…my shoes end up stacked under my desk 90% of the time…
7. What’s your favorite chore and why? None? Laundry? ummm I don’t really have one…I’m not a very domisticated person. I do like to cook does that count as a chore? For this exercise I say it does so there you have it my favorite chore is Cooking 🙂
8. What one song would you like to never hear again? The Song that Never Ends from Lamb Chop LOL (it’s now stuck in your head now, right?)
9. What one word are you most likely to misspell? Receive, happenned, difficulty. Thank goodness for spell check I am always spelling them wrong/making typos.
10. If you could close your eyes and be any place in time or space when you opened them, where would you be? Probably back at Disney World with my Dad when we went when I was 6 🙂
11. If you had to rename yourself, what name would you choose? Theresa…I’ve always loved that name….and I really like the French version of Therese…I hope to name a daughter that one day 🙂
And now my 11 Questions:
- Who is your favorite Actor/Actress?
- Who is your favorite Saint? Why?
- Have you ever been on a pilgrimage? Where?
- What is the most exotic thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What was your favorite TV show growing up?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you’d do?
- Are you an early bird or night owl?
- What is your favorite form of social media?
- Is there anything you wish you could redo in your life and knowing the outcome would you do it?
- If you could event an app what could do ANYTHING what would you like it to do?
- What is your favorite type of tourist attraction? (museum, theme park, etc.)
I’m going to do something radical and not tag ANYONE….so whoever reads this and wants to answer my questions..go ahead and let me know when you answer them……..so hopefully the award won’t die…I still can’t get over how long the award has been around and how it has changed over the years…that was a fun read. Have a great week!
[…] got busy lazy and never joined in even though I thought it was a cool idea. See I kind of like the liebster award (even though I forget to actually post it myself). I like the part where I get to answer the other […]